This NORDTEST method is used to test the technical performance of room air cleaners which are provided with fibrous or electrostatic filters. It contains tests for:
- Filtration efficiency of the filter.
- Air volume flow through the equipment.
- Equivalent clean air production which can be determined
- instead of the removal efficiency and volume flow.
- Outflow profile of the equipment.
- Noise properties of the equipment.
- Impurity gas production of the equipment.
The air cleaners designed for public and industrial rooms are excluded.